Hulk Hotcakes with Raspberry Sauce
- Serves 3-6
From the pantry:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Triquetra Health Organic Spirulina Powder
From the market:
- Spinach – 2 cups
- Almond milk – ¾ cup
- 1 Banana Organic wheat flour – 1 cup
- Raspberries – 2 small cartons
- 1 Lemon – halved, juice from one half
- Arrowroot flour – 1 tablespoon
- Organic agave syrup – 2 tablespoons
1. SAUCE: Place washed raspberries in a pan over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes (mash with a spoon to achieve desired texture).
2. HOTCAKES: While that cooks, place all wet ingredients: spinach, banana, vanilla extract, and almond milk in a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. SAUCE: Add arrowroot and lemon juice and mix well, heat to boiling and cook for 1 minute, stirring continually (reduce heat accordingly if necessary to avoid scorching). Reduce to simmer and cook until you achieve desired consistency, then turn the heat off.
4. HOTCAKES: In a large bowl whisk wheat flour and spirulina powder. Add blended wet ingredients slowly into dry, whisking well.
5. In a large pan, pour batter into 3-4 inch circles and cook until small bubbles appear and the bottom is lightly browned. Flip over.
6. Continue cooking until the other side is also lightly browned.
7. Serve and top with raspberry sauce. Enjoy!